Grandmaster Daniel King explains the basic elements, strategies and tactics of the popular English Defence, on which he is a renowned expert.
This book provides everything you need to know to start playing the opening straightaway. It focuses on explaining the key themes and provides a backbone of essential theoretical knowledge.
- Written by a leading authority on the English Defence
- Covers one of Black`s most dynamic and provocative defences
- Ideal battle manual for club and tournament players
- Main Line with 3.e4 Lb7 4.Ld3: The "new" 4...Sc6
- Main Line with 3.e4 Lb7 4.Ld3: Other Fourth Moves for Black
- Main Line with 3.e4 Lb7 4.d5, 4.Sc3 Lb4 5.d5 and 4.Sc3, Lb4 5.Ld3
- Main Line with 3.e4 Lb7 4.Sc3 Lb4 5.f3 and 4.f3
- Main Line with 3.e4 Lb7 4.Sc4 Lb4 5.Dc2 and 4.Dc2
- White Plays an early a2-a3
- The Two-Pawn-Attack (1.c4 b6 2.Sc3 Lb7 3.e4)
- Systems with ...Lxf3