Compilation of the following three titles:
- Improve Your Opening Play by Chris Ward
- Improve Your Middlegame Play by Andrew Kinsman
- Improve Your Endgame Play by Glenn Flear
These three titles, brought together for the first time in one volume, explain the important ideas behind every major opening, provide an understanding of the middlegame to the aspiring player and tips to all players wishing to improve their endgame play.
Chris Ward unravels the secrets of the Sicilian, the mysteries of the Modern and the fundamentals of the French. He emphasises the need to understand the key elements of each opening rather than simply memorise a series of complicated variations which leave you stranded if the opponent varies from the expected route.
Andrew Kinsman uses examples from practical play to develop tactical and positional skills and awareness to enable you to make the most of your opportunities in the middlegame.
Glenn Flear explains the fundamental principles which must be mastered in the endgame. Taking examples from his own games and those of other players, he shows how drawn positions can be converted into victories and lost positions saved at the last moment.
- Deals with every important opening
- Explains the basic ideas of tactical and positional play
- Provides numerous exercises for readers to test themselves
- Explains the important principles of every type of ending
- Easy step-by-step guide to better endgame play
- Revolutionary layout to help readers absorb key ideas