Everybody wants to win fast, preferably straight out of the chess opening.This is book is a collection of games played by the best players in the world in which either White or Black wins in 15 moves or less either a result of brilliant chess tactics, an accumulation of mistakes or blunders.
Through the study of the games in this volume, you will improve your opening play, opening repertoire, strategies and tactical ability.
1) French Defense - Minor Variations
2) French Defense - Advance Variation
3) French Defense - Tarrasch Variation: 3.Nd2
4) French Defense - Various 3.Nc3 Variations
5) French Defense - Winawer Variation: 3.Nc3 Bb4
6) Caro-Kann Defense - Main Lines: 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.Nxe4
7) Caro-Kann Defense - Panov Attack
8) Caro-Kann Defense - Advance Variation
9) Caro-Kann Defense - Minor Lines
After sorting games with the worst mistakes & blunders away, there remains a collection of games showing a catalog of typical mistakes, misunderstandings, misevaluations and how to exploit these: either through simple execution or brilliant chess tactics.
Carsten Hansen is a Danish-American FIDE Master & FIDE Trainer who has written extensively on all phases of the game, but is particularly recognized for his thorough books on chess openings, most recently on the Sicilian Dragon and the Closed Sicilian.