The book contains the 70 most instructive practical endgames played in 2016.
- This book is the continuation of last year’s successful edition of “The Most Instructive Endgames of 2012-2015”.
- The book contains the 70 most instructive endgames from 2016.
- The games were selected and analyzed by the authors GM Arkadij Naiditsch and GM Csaba Balogh.
- Most of the games are taken from the highest-level tournaments, such as the Baku Chess Olympiad, the World Championship Match Carlsen-Karjakin, London Super tournament. etc.
- Most of the endgames are played by the very best Grandmasters such as: Carlsen, Karjakin, Kramnik, Caruana and many more of the world`s best chess-players.
The games are sorted into the following chapters:
1. Pawn endgames (2 games)
2. Transposing into pawn endgames (2 games)
3. Queen endgames (1 game)
4. Transposing into queen endgames (1 game)
5. Minor piece endgames (17 games)
6. Transposing into minor piece endgames (1 game)
7. Rook endgames (19 games)
8. Transposing into rook endgames (4 games)
9. Complex endgames (23 games)