One of the main reasons the Sicilian is the most popular opening is that is it promotes bold and aggressive chess.
White will often gain a lead in development and, naturally, will want to use this as the basis for an attack.
However, the Sicilian is a tough nut to crack and it’s not enough to make vaguely threatening gestures – you must know exactly what you are doing and use the appropriate weapons.
Seven Ways to Smash the Sicilian introduces, categorizes and studies the deadly sacrifices White has at his disposal.
It’s impossible to play Open Sicilian positions with either colour without an intimate knowledge of these sacrifices. Read this book and discover everything you need to know.
- An essential guide to destroying the Sicilian
- A feast of entertaining games and violent sacrifices
- Includes coverage of the main lines
- The Knight Sacrifice on d5
- The Knight Sacrifice on e6
- The Bishop Sacrifice on e6
- The Knight Sacrifice on f5
- The Knight Sacrifice on b5
- The Bishop Sacrifice on b5
- Miscellaneous Sacrifices
- Index of Variations
- Index of Games