SECRETS OF OPENING SURPRISES brings you a wide variety of unusual opening ideas.
They may seem outrageous at first sight, but have proven to be perfectly playable.
An SOS deviates very early from the regular lines in a mainstream opening, usually even before move six. That is why it is so easy to actually bring the variation on the board.
- The SOS Files
- Refining Fischer’s Plan
- Destroying the Benoni Wall
- When I was Young
- Morozevich’s Pet Line in the Albin
- The Dutch in the English?
- Follow the Experts
- Let’s wait and see: 3...h6 in the French
- Play like a Beginner
- The Haberditz Variation
- Get the Edge on the Budapest
- Gambit Lines in the Glek Variation
- Beating the Van Geet
- A Latvian Speciality vs the Dragon
- It is Better Playing White
- The Solid but Tricky Fianchetto Spanish
- The Improved Nadanian