2011, 304 Seiten, kartoniert, englisch
Tired of playing the same old openings?
Bored with stuffy opening theory?
This book provides a welcome antidote!
Former American Open Champion Cyrus Lakdawala presents a range of vicious weapons for White in a repertoire which is perfect for those who have little time for study, but enjoy taking opponents out of their comfort zones and causing them problems from the outset.The repertoire's backbone is provided by the aggressive Veresov Opening (1 d4, 2 Nc3 and 3 Bg5) and this is accompanied by equally hostile options against other Black defences such as the French, Caro-Kann, Dutch, Benoni, Pirc and Philidor. These opening weapons are ideal choices for those who revel in forcing opponents into chaotic or uncomfortable positions.
- A complete repertoire for White
- Covers all of Black's main defences
- Includes game summaries with key points to remember
1) The Veresov: 3...Nbd7 4 f3!?
2) The Veresov: 3...Nbd7 4 Qd3
3) The Veresov: Other Defences
4) Veresov versus French: Lines with ...Nf6
5) Veresov versus French: Lines without ...Nf6
6) 1 d4 d5 2 Nc3: Second-Move Alternatives
7) Veresov versus Caro-Kann
8) Veresov versus Dutch
9) Modern, Pirc and Philidor
10) Schmid Benoni and Czech Benoni
11) 1...Nc6 and Owen's Defence
Index of Variations
Index of Games