Good books about endgames for beginners are few and far between.
Winning Chess Endings is a great one – a gripping introduction to what you need to know to win chess endings, taught by American Grandmaster Yasser Seirawan.
His entertaining, easy-to-understand style, incisive stories and insiders advice will help you develop a solid grasp of proven principles that you can apply with confidence whenever a game goes the distance. You’ll learn to prevail time and again in endgames with common and uncommon combinations and pieces.
Winning Chess Endings explains how to:
- Relentlessly find checkmates, from easy to hard, in all basic endgame patterns
- Master the intricacies of King and Pawn Endings
- Win consistently in the most common endgame - the Rook ending
- Master the pros and cons of Bishop vs. Knight Endgames
- Seize the advantage in Rook Pawn and Queen Pawn endings