Play Winning Chess is an enthusiastic introduction to chess that will transform you into a veritable gladiator of the chessboard.
Yasser Seirawan begins by explaining piece movement, chess notation, the rules of play and basic tactics. His examples, question-and-answer sections, psychological hints, and lively sample games help you learn strategies and play aggressively while having fun.
Discovering how to engage in clever attacks and subtle defences will take you beyond the thrill of competition into the realm of creative art.
Play Winning Chess is exuberant and conversational, enlivened by personal anecdotes and fascinating historical details.
- The Evolution of Chess 1
- The First Principle: Force
- The Second Principle: Time
- The Third Principle: Space
- The Fourth Principle: Pawn Structure
- Annotated Games
- The Four Principles and You
- Photo Album
- Answers to Quizzes and Tests