1998, 352 Seiten, kartoniert, englisch
One of the finest chess books ever written, the Art of Attack has been transcribed into algebraic notation for the first time.
In this revised edition of the great classic, the author expounds both the basic principles and the most complex forms of attack on the king.
A study of this masterpiece will add power and brilliance to any chess enthusiast's play.
- The Attack Against the Uncastled King
- The Attack on the King that Has Lost the Right to Castle
- On Castling and Attacking the Castled Position in General
- Mating Patterns
- The Classic Bishop Sacrifice
- Ranks, Files, and Diagonals in the Attack on the Castled King
- Pieces and Pawns in the Attack on the Castled King
- The Attack on the Fianchettoed and Q-Side Castling Positions
- Defending Against the Attack on the Castled King
- The Phases of the Attack on the Castled King
- The Attack on the King as an Integral Part