2000, 128 Seiten, kartoniert, englisch
In this ideal book for players wishing to improve their endgame play, Grandmaster Glenn Flear explains the fundamental principles which must be mastered.
Taking examples from his own games and those of other players, he shows how drawn positions can be converted into victories and lost positions saved at the last moment.
- Explains the important principles of every type of ending
- Easy step-by-step guide to better endgame play
- Revolutionary layout to help readers absorb the key ideas
- Includes a variety of test positions to enable readers to gauge their progress.
- Important Endgame Themes
- Endgames with just Pieces
- Pawn Endgames
- Knight Endgames
- Bishops of the Same Colour
- Bishops of Opposite Colour
- Bishop versus Knight
- Rook Endgames
- Queen Endgames
- Pieces versus Pawns
- Practical Advice