The Symmetrical Variation is one of Black's most popular and reliable methods of meeting the English Opening, which in itself has become one of the most prominent openings.
Depending on the variations chosen, this line can lead to a wide variety of positions, from which both tactical and positional play can arise.
In this book IM David Cummings examines the various strategies for both white and black players and presents an up-to-date account of the latest theory.
- The Hedgehog
- The Double Fianchetto Defence
- White plays an early d2-d4
- Black plays an early ...d7-d5
- Symmetrical English with g2-g3
- Symmetrical English Main Line with 5.Sf3 Sf6
- Breaking the Symmetry