2. bearbeitete und erweiterte Auflage 2011, 308 Seiten, kartoniert, englisch
The third in the acclaimed series of books by former FIDE world champion Khalifman about the reigning BrainGames world champion Kramnik's opening repertoire with white.
This volume covers the Maroczy system (1.Nf3 c5 2.c4 g6 3.e4),English with 1...c5, Modern (1.Nf3 g6/d6), Dutch Defence (1.Nf3 f5 2 c4 Nf6 3 g3) and rare lines such as 1.Nf3 b6 and 1.Nf3 b5.
Khalifman's explanations are detailed and authoritative.
Though it is Kramnik's repertoire being examined, the author does not confine himself to an examination of his games, but widens the scope to include the play of many other contemporary grandmasters.
- Maroczy System 1.Nf3 c5 2.c4 g6 3.e4 Nc6; 3...Bg7
- English with 1...c5
- 1.Nf3 c5 2.c4 Nc6 3.d4 cd 4.Nd4
- Modern Defence 1.Nf3 g6; 1...d6
- Dutch Defence 1.Nf3 f5 2.Nf6 3.g3
- Rare Lines 1.Nf3 b6; 1...b5