Bored with the same old openings? Worried about having to learn too much theory? Then this book will come as a godsend.
Aaron Summerscale presents a set of exceptionally dangerous opening weapons for White. Each recommended line is based on a solid positional foundation, yet also promises long-term (and short-term!) attacking chances. The variations are not just easy to learn and play, but they also set Black complex problems.
- A queen's pawn repertoire based on rapid piece development
- Reveals many lethal attacking ideas and traps
- Features the legendary '150' and Barry Attacks
For this new edition, the publishers enlisted the help of hotshot opening writer Sverre Johnsen, who has updated the coverage where necessary, while retaining the spirit, charm and aims of Summerscale's original work.
The killer repertoire remains easy to learn, and is now more dangerous than ever!
- The Barry Attack
- The 150 Attack
- The Colle - Zukertort System
- 1 d4 d5 2 Sf3: Beating the Anti - Colle System
- The Classical Queen's Indian
- Anti - Benoni
- The Anti - Dutch 2 Lg5
- Odds and Ends